When legal issues connect with family life, the challenges can be extraordinary, and the stress is huge. You need someone who can explain your rights and obligations, help you analyze your choices and handle your legal issues with the finesse of a shrewd negotiator and the toughness of determined advocate who will stand up for you. You also want someone who understands the emotional toll these issues take and understands that not all of the costs to you are financial.
Achieve the outcome you want from your family law concerns.
- A just settlement that properly divides community property
- Reasonable custody and visitation arrangements
- Financial support that meets needs fully and fairly
- Protection against physical or emotional harm
- Wise handling of guardianship, adoption, and paternity issues
Family law requires a deep understanding of legal complexities and subtleties combined with a delicate but determined approach. Protect yourself, your family, and your future by engaging a professional who knows every aspect of this complex legal field. Someone who can handle everything from simple amicable settlements to substantial financial assets and significant contested issues.
For your family’s future, you want Maralee Nelder:
- Certified Family Law Specialist since 1987 (State Bar of California, Board Of Legal Specialization)
- Certified Divorce Financial Analyst since 2009 (Institute For Divorce Financial Analysts)
- Certified and Trained Mediator in Family Law
- Member Nevada County Collaborative Divorce Practice Group
- Over 30 years experience in Nevada County
All Aspects of Family Law
- Divorce: Traditional/Litigated, Collaborative, and Mediated
- Marital Settlement Agreements / Stipulations for Judgment
- Settlement Conferences
- Parenting Arrangements (custody/visitation)
- Calculation of Child and Spousal Support
- Support Enforcement and Defense
- Financial Analysis
- Restraining Orders
- Parental Relationship
- Adoptions and Guardianships
- Prenuptial Agreements
Complex Cases Welcomed
Maralee’s extensive background in all areas of family law, including certifications in financial analysis, have equipped her to handle the most challenging cases. Whether you have difficult disputes, complicated custody issues, prodigious property, complex finances, or other involved issues, Nelder Family Law is your best choice for an attorney who can deal wisely and well with every issue.
Courts and judges are not the only way to handle marital dissolution. They may not be the best way for your case. Maralee is a founding member of the Nevada County Collaborative Practice Group, making her ideal if you are considering collaborative divorce. She is a trained mediator, and has acted as a Settlement Conference Judge and Temporary Judge. See the description of the differences between the different types of divorce on our mediation page.
Special Circumstances Accepted
Maralee can work with special situations, such as a party out of state or even out of the country. While an in-person first consultation is generally the most productive, we can work by phone and e-mail when necessary.